Met Gala 2018 has taken the internet by storm for all the right reasons. The annual fundraising event, the proceeds of which go towards New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, is held on the first Monday of May. This year’s theme was Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination and we sure are clean bowled by the display of effortless and on point fashion by celebrities like Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez. The event, which was held on 7th of May, was hosted by Rihanna, Anna Wintour, Amal Clooney, Donatella Versace and Stephen and Christine Schwarzman – and all of them being the fashion spectacles themselves! Fashion mongers were in for a treat with the anticipated night unfolding better than ever! Indian beauties like Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, which are a household name on a global level, made us turn our heads. The night was a blockbuster amidst the Pope hats, angel wings and capes. Check out highlights of the Met Gala looks here.
- Gigi Hadid looked nothing less than a Goddess in her Versace dress. The detailed work on the stain glass pattern owned the Catholic theme. To finish off in style, Gigi paired her dress with matching diamond and gemstone earrings.
- Remember the trench coat she wore which broke the internet last year? Well, Priyanka Chopra has stolen the show this year as well with her dramatic Ralph Lauren velvet gown and a medieval Tiara. The High Priestess adorned a classic bracelet and a bejeweled ring to complete the look.
- Katy Perry was literally flying high and how with her angel wings at the Met Gala! We are impressed by her gold embellished Vercase dress and gold earrings.
- The Queen of Pop opted for a black Jean Paul Gaultier with a veil and a diamond crown made of crosses.
- A Met Gala regular, Jennifer Lopez’s dress fell in line with the theme with her black and blue dress which had a huge cutout across her chest and a thigh-high slit. The huge wing-shaped diamond earrings are a clear winner here!
- The elaborate velvet Vercase gown worn by Blake Lively has set some high fashion standards. The dress, which apparently took more than 600 hours to make, stole the show. Blake imbibed the old charm of European fashion in her spiked hairdo. The gold bracelets and huge cocktail ruby rings were the right choices of accessories to ace the look!
- Met Gala 2018 has given us some serious fashion goals. While we are still drooling over the creativity the designers have come up with in their work, you ought to see the Rockrush diamond and gemstone jewellery collection which is in sync with the theme of the event. Meanwhile, you can also tell us which one is your favourite look don’t mind trying yourself.